Strategic and tailored town and planning advice
Emerge Planning and Development offer a core range of services across both commercial and residential projects, from new houses, extensions and subdivisions through to multiple dwellings and industrial and commercial development approvals. We service both the public and private sector from initial advice through to the completion of development proposals.
Preliminary advice and due diligence
Preliminary advice and due diligence is a vital initial component of any potential project. It involves investigating the potential opportunities and constraints associated with the proposed development. We do this by conducting thorough research and extensive consultations with the relevant parties. The findings of this research will determine whether the development application should proceed, what alternative steps need to be taken to reach a successful outcome, or whether the project should not proceed at all.
Our intricate working knowledge of the planning system means we can identify ways to benefit our clients and their development projects. In many cases, we can avoid an application process entirely – saving our clients thousands.
Due Diligence Services Include:
- Establishing development potential if buying or selling
- Key issue identification in major project developments – constraints and planning potential
- Site and risk analysis
- Identification of any conflict of interest
- Development or subdivision applications advice
Reconfiguration of a lot (subdivision) and operational works
Are you looking to subdivide and not sure where to start? Council subdivision regulations are constantly changing and updating, therefore it is vital to have a subdivision specialist on board to assist with your application process.
One step wrong can see the denial of your application. From small scale subdivisions and boundary realignments, to large staged estates, we can advise upon and manage your reconfiguration application from design through to plan sealing.
Subdivision Services include:
- Initial design advice
- Initial Council Approval
- Carrying out Civil and Operational Works including:
- Water and electricity supply
- Telephone services
- Stormwater management
- Road access
- Sewer extensions
- Final Council approval
- Final plan of Subdivision sealed
- Lodgement at Land Titles Office
Emerge are experts in driving applications through the assessment process with a long list of approvals. Whether you are looking at a simple application such as a secondary dwelling (granny flat) or you have a large and complex development involving referral and public notification, we can navigate you smoothly through the process. We take the hassle out of the overwhelming development application process.
We prepare, lodge and lobby for changes to existing approvals (Material Change of Use (Code and Impact) and Generally in Accordance Requests.
Development Approvals include:
- New building construction
- Alterations and additions to new and existing homes
- Building demolition
- Excavations, earthworks or filling of land
- Dual occupancy (Duplex)
- Multiple dwellings (Units)
- New housing complexes
- Mixed use
- Industrial developments
- Commercial developments
- Subdivision applications
Plan sealing and strata title
The process of strata titling a development is long and complex and can be frustrating for the inexperienced. Emerge Planning sealed and registered more than thirty Building Format Plans and Community Management Statements in 2017. We take the worry and delay away from the process and can fast track registration for you.
Key Strata Title Management Services Include:
- Preparing compliance assessment reports
- Engineering certification
- Survey and preparation of Building Format Plans
- Preparation of final exclusive use plans/areas
- Community Management Statements
- CMS and Survey Plan documents
- Obtaining Certificate of completion
- Managing outstanding infrastructure charges
- Collating and lodgement of Plan of Survey and Community Management Statement
- Council and consultant communications
- Preparation of Form 18
- Registration of sealed title
Need your application fast-tracked?
Emerge Planning and Development can assist in fast-tracking Material Change of Use or Subdivision approvals within 10 days. In 2017 we fast-tracked over forty applications for happy clients and may even be able to offer discounted application fees.