Sunshine Coast Regional Council is changing their planning scheme. Changes include:
- Amending the zoning, overlays, precincts and/or planning provisions relating to a number of specific sites in Buderim, Chevallum, Dicky Beach, Eerwah Vale, Golden Beach, Kenilworth, Kunda Park, Landsborough, Little Mountain, Maleny, Mount Coolum, Pelican Waters, Witta and Woombye;
- Amending the zoning and the ‘Height of buildings and structures’ overlay for a number of specific sites relating to Educational establishments, Residential care facilities and Retirement facilities;
- Reducing the number of building height increments in the ‘Height of buildings and structures’ overlay, which applies to the entire planning scheme area;
- Changing the levels of assessment for: caravan parks and camping grounds associated with showgrounds; caravan and boat storage in industrial zones; animal husbandry in the Limited development (landscape residential) zone; and car hire businesses in certain industrial zones; and,
- Amending and inserting new assessment benchmarks, relating to: building height; reconfiguring a lot; residential densities; small residential lots; caravan and boat storage uses; community activities; dual occupancies; dwelling houses (including secondary dwellings); residential care and retirement facilities; and rural activities.
So ring Terry at Emerge Town Planning Sunshine Coast for town planning application advice on how these changes may affect your property. A submission during consultation may protect your property’s development potential and prevent devaluation. As a leading Town Planner Sunshine Coast, Terry can also provide development application advice on how to secure current provisions under a superseded town planning application.
Submissions close 7 September 2018.